Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad has developed into a recognized global leader in the growing life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We have built a strong team of over 8,000 employees and a robust network of operations that serves over 150,000 customers worldwide. Bio-Rad employees share a common mission: To “Advance discovery and improve lives.” It is who we are and what we do. In order to support Bio-Rad and our successful future growth we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make significant contribution within our dynamic and growing international team.
For our site in Großkugel (near Halle/Leipzig, Germany) we're looking to hire a
Associate Director / Site Lead Distribution (m/f/d)
The site lead manages a finished goods distribution center housing finished goods, medical devices and spare parts that are shipped to end user customers in multiple countries worldwide. In this role, you will be responsible to oversee the managing of inventory, receiving of incoming shipments from Bio-Rad manufacturing sites and vendors, stocking, picking, packing and shipping of instruments, consumable reagents and apparatus to fulfill both domestic and international customers. You will lead a team of warehouse supervisors with a span of control over up to 100 employees. The successful candidate will also be an active team member of the European supply chain team and occasionally proxies for other site leads. The site lead reports into the Director Logistics for EMEA.
Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope
- Manages a large distribution center and may involve managing additional satellite centers all serving large geographic regions.
- Handles very complex projects and problems where analysis of situations, systems, policies or data requires an in-depth evaluation of causal factors and consultation with senior management.
- Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations, large financial impact and may jeopardize overall business activities and customer relationships.
- Assures proper import/export documentation and compliance with Company policies and legal requirements.
- Resolves complaints and issues following company policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintains metrics and analyze data to assess performance and recommends improvements.
- Prepares detailed analysis and reports for upper management.
- Functions as the distribution center’s spokesperson with both internal and external personnel, potentially also as legal representative.
- Drives site ERP system user population education and training and system improvements through collaboration with IT.
- Generates process and quality improvement initiatives to lower costs and improve operating efficiency as approved by senior management.
- May monitor transport carrier reliability, quality and cost metrics.
- Initiates and develops policies, metrics and procedures to lead, improve and manage the distribution management functions.
- Called upon to assist in the development of overall distribution strategy and provide input to senior management regarding overall distribution strategy.
- Provides leadership in the design, development and execution of new distribution centers as required.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree or equivalent in business or in materials related field such as logistics, materials management or supply chain management.
- Extensive manufacturing and distribution experience of closely related functions with experience operating in a GMP and/or FDA regulated warehouse environment.
- Extensive people leadership and management experience.
- Advanced experience with quality systems, materials management, distribution, cost reduction and project management highly desirable.
- Experience developing subordinate managers and building high performance teams across multi-departmental organizations.
- Advanced understanding of financial principles related to budgeting, variance and gross margin management, setting innovative performance metrics and standards.
- Full knowledge and implementation of LEAN, GMP manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S and other quality concepts and systems.
- Experience in setting up distribution data in ERP systems (SAP preferred) and strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams as well as Power BI.
- Business fluent in both German and English; other languages welcome.
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and proven problem solving capability, along with demonstrated sound business decisions.
- Flexibility to travel; for trainings, team meetings and audits.
- Competitive 13 month salary
- Bonus program
- Company car
- 30 vacation days p.a.
- Vacation allowance: 750,- EUR gross p.a.
- Meal allowance: 480,- EUR net p.a., including a modern kitchen area for shared meals
- Marriage and/or child birth benefit: 150,- EUR net
- Amazon Birthday voucher: 20,- EUR net
- Annual performance and salary review
- Pension scheme and capital-forming benefits
- A chance to contribute to the fight against Covid-19
- Post pandemic: Regular informational and team events, such as a summer BBQ and Christmas party
... as well as ample opportunity for growth and training, the stability of a profitable 60+ year old company and a great work environment.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you, feel free to ‘Refer a Friend’.
Please apply online and in English by uploading your CV and cover letter including your earliest possible start date and salary expectations.
Bio-Rad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Bio-Rad to transmit and store your information in the companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this job. Note: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.